Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Waterfall folio mini album

Obviously my favorite paper pack out of the 2013 Close to My Heart  catalog was Babycakes (X7173B). This paper pack was retired this year when our new 2014 Autum/Winter catalog was released. I have made several projects with this paper. I think I may have just enough to make one small mini.

I used to be paper hoarder....scared to cut my paper but I decided why not. Showcase that paper!Let the world see what can be made with this cute paper. I have made several cards and three mini albums so far just out of this paper pack. Of course I had two packs but this paper went a long way.

As usual I found my inspiration on YouTube. Her name is Ginger and she is an excellant teacher. I love all her videos and even though I don't use the same paper she does my albums look  just as good. Most of my mini's have been made using her tutorials. Go check her out at the following link My Sisters Scrapper

I used all CTMH products except for the chipboard. I just love how this turned out. I WILL be making another one with differant paper. I think it took me 3 hours to make. Now that I know how I think I can cut that time in half.
This is the front cover. I used a Babycakes Picture my Life 3x4 card 
Here is what the inside looks like with a pocket on the left side with 4 more PML cards inserted. I used leftover stickease stickers for the center spine.
This is the waterfall mechanism laying flat. There are 7 flaps total with 15 spots for journaling or photos.
Here is the last flap of the album. This was a really quick and easy project to make and it did not use up a whole lot of paper. So even if you had just a few sheets you can make this album.
These are the Babycakes Picture my Life cards that CTMH offers(Z1943). This was first offered in the 2014 Spring/Summer catalog. I inked all the edges with Chocolate Ink (Z2111). TFL!!






No comments: