Friday, June 6, 2014

Present for Laila

My cute  little niece celebrated her birthday on June 4th and she turned 9. She loves Hello Kitty and has her room decorated in Hello Kitty.

I went to our local scrapbook store and they were using Inka Gold Metallic Rub on a project and I thought it was a cool item. The salesclerk also showed me some Faber-Castell Gelatos...wow two cool products. So I had to go out and buy some. I have also wanted to do a textured canvas so what a better time to start. I used all kinds of things from my stash. I think it turned out okay for my first time. All I cared about is that Laila liked it. She did and she put it up in her room.

I cut the Hello Kitty and her name with vinyl and kept it on the canvas and laid down my color. Then I put Mod Podge over the canvas to seal it. The only thing I did wrong was not wait long enough for the ink to dry and some of it smeared. Lesson learned....play the waiting game!!

No comments: