Thursday, May 15, 2014

CTMH MAY TECHNIQUE BLOGHOP FEATURING BASE AND BLING

Hello fellow bloggers welcome to May's technique bloghop. This month on the CTMH techique bloghop we were to feature the new Base and Bling featured in our 2014 catalog. Base and Bling is the new line being offered and it is normally used for necklaces. My fellow consultants and I will like to show you  how all our products can be used in other ways not just for their intended purposes.

You should be coming from Michelle Loncar's blog wasn't her technique great!! Remember that all our blogs make a complete circle so if you get lost along the way just go back to the begining to Debi Barber's blog
to see the entire list. Be sure to leave some love to each and every blogger. We like getting love.

I choose to do a card. I know there were many ways that I could have shown differant ways on how to repurpose our base and bling but I found the perfect paper to go with my card. I made an A2 card featuring a 4x6 card that looked like lace from the "Picture My Life Ballon Ride Scrapbooking program. This is in CTMH's version of project life style of scrapbooking. The entire set is only $24.95 (Z1948) and come with a huge assortment of 4x6 and 3x4 cards.  Go check them out in the catalog or go to my site and order a set .https://tmorrowstreasures.ctmh.com there are 4 sets to choose from and so far I love them all.

My card is a standard A2 card and features a 4x6 Picture My Life card I did have to cut it down to fit on the card. I used stamp set Tailor Made C1442 which has been retired. I stamped all the images in Archival Black Ink (44751) and cut them out on my Brother Scan N Cut machine. Don't you love how precisely the BNC cut the images. I then colored them with my set of  Promarkers that I won in a blog giveaway. I won an entire set of  148 markers. I used the following colors: Amethyst, Tulip Yellow, Warm Grey2, Putty, Poppy, Powder Blue and Bright Green.

Okay so now down the main feature: the Base and Bling.... I used the Faux 
Antiqued Gold Square pendant (Z1963) with the Base and Bling Glass Square covers (Z1967). Then I found the perfect sticker for my card. It was found on Style sheet "N" (Z1975). I added my pendant to my card with Color Ready Seam binding ribbon (Z1732) and tied a nice little bow. I used 3-D foam tape (Z1151) to pop up the smaller images.The rest of the Base and Bling designs can be found on page 80-81 of the Spring/Summer Catalog 2014. Go check it out and remember you don't have to make a necklace with the Base and Bling just look at how my fellow consultants used theirs.

Now hop on over to Lisa Plummer's blog and see what awesome technique she used to show off her Base and Bling, TFL!!



3 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Really like how you used the pendant on your card.

Unknown said...

Very cute - didn't realize that was a PML card! It makes a great background. The pendant goes nicely with your theme too!

Brenda Lapp said...

Very pretty card. Great out-of-the-box use for two products.