Tuesday, April 29, 2014

SOFTBALL FLIPFLOPS

With baseball and softball season upon us my friend came to me and asked if I could make her some flipflops for her so she could show support for her daughter's softball team. I was up for the challenge. First of all I had never cut open a softball so that was a challenge right there. And where to make the first slice. I felt like a first year residence makimg my first cut on a body.

She saw the idea on my favorite site Pinterest. You can find all sorts of cool projects on this site. Okay so I searched and the flip flops I saw only had 5 petals. I wanted a six petal flower. I cut a oval shape from one of my cricut cartridges and proceed to cut the softball. Well once you cut into the ball the string starts to unravel. Panic set in then I remembered I had some wonderful clear glue from CTMH called Liquid glass (Z679). So every time I cut an oval out I put the liquid glass on the string to help it from unraveling. I was able to get two 6 petal flowers out of one ball.
Here is a close up of how the flowers turned out. I did not have any baseball buttons so I blinged it up with some bling from CTMH. For my first time I think they came out pretty good. I added some teal ribbon to match the team colors. I hot glued the bling and the flowers to the sandel.
Here is a close up of how the sandels turned out.
I also made her a necklace with some baseball charms and added her daughters initail "K" and her team number. 
I think that Kelsie will have the coolest mom at the ballpark tonight. I love making one of a kind items for friends and let them show them off for me. TFL!!


No comments: